At USmarty, we’re working toward an exciting mission, and we care a lot about how we achieve it. Our values guide how we do business—how we interact with each other internally as well as with the millions of instructors, students, and partners that make up our global USmarty community.
We’re mission-inspired, results-obsessed
We work at a purpose-driven company that places a high value on results, so we can continue to grow and give as many people as possible access to learning resources. We immerse ourselves in data and communicate directly with our instructors and students to ensure we’re making real progress toward our goals—and theirs.
- Because we prioritize staying accountable to the people who use our platform, we regularly have students and instructors come to our office and talk to us face to face.
- Our teams make decisions based on research and analysis—not instinct or assumption—and we carefully measure their effects on students, instructors, organizations, and our own business.
We’re always learning
With a mission to improve lives through learning, it’s no surprise that we place tremendous emphasis on the role of learning in our own lives and work. We understand that learning isn’t an interruption of our work or a sign of weakness—it’s foundational to our growth, both as individuals and as a business.
- Our Learning and Development team runs a huge variety of in-house workshops, programs, and learning fairs year-round.
- Each employee gets unlimited access to USmarty courses, plus a generous professional development stipend.
- USmarty employees have the opportunity to “learn up” and take on new responsibilities or even join another department.
We’re individually humble, collectively proud
Individuals make great contributions, but it takes collaboration, compromise, and kindness to build a great business. We succeed as a team, leave our egos at the door, and take pride in our shared efforts.
- You won’t just hear from senior leadership at our all-hands meetings; employees from all levels regularly present their team’s work to the whole company.
- We’re serious about our shout-outs. We have an internal site where anyone can give kudos to their coworkers—and make sure the rest of the company knows all about it too.
We’re earnestly authentic
We embrace our quirks and bring our whole selves to work. We recognize that it’s our differences that produce the best work, not conformity, so we are excited to welcome coworkers with varied backgrounds, experiences, identities, and ideas. Our openness allows us to better serve the diverse people who use USmarty across the globe.
- Our employees facilitate a variety of clubs and resource groups to build community—everything from board game nights to mentorship cohorts to LGBTQ+ book clubs.
- Whatever you’re into, you’re sure to find a Slack channel full of kindred spirits who want to talk about their passion. Love puns? There’s a channel for that. Need surf buddies? There’s a channel for that. Got pictures of your dog to share? Oh boy, there’s a channel for that.
While every individual and team at USmarty live out these values in a slightly different way, these are the foundation on which we build our business.